Free Copernisis Search

The free Copernisis search

Re: Free Copernisis Search

Postby ScottyBot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:17 pm

matt_p_dales wrote: :P :P

I am going to go now tomorrow my car went bloody wrong yesterday so its in the garage being fixed :evil:

I know exactly though where the riddle points to I think :D :D :D

Dont worry I havent given up hehe

Any joy Matt? Just found the location from the picture but I don't think I'll be making the trip this time

S
Isis 1 Solved - 5% Club member - Gold Coin
Ramisi5 Solved - 5% & 1% Club Member
Copernisis Solved - 5% & 1% Club Member
Tessarisis Solved - 5% Club member
500 Club Member
ScottyBot
Isis Ramisis Copernisis Tessarisis 5%

Postby Toxophilite » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Couldn't resist having another look today but took someone with me to make sure I hadn't missed anything the first time.

Totally misjudged the weather which I thought was going to be light rain just before lunch time but it rained continuously all through the afternoon. The trig point was just in the cloud base so visibility was down to about ten yards and we got thoroughly soaked. The only good thing was that we could have a good look around without arousing anyones suspicion as no one else was stupid enough to go up there :)

Still no joy though. I had wondered if the slang for diamonds - 'rocks' implied that it was hidden amongst the rocks around the trig point but these are essentially one multi-faceted outcrop with no cracks or fissures in it. There are clumps of grass and moss growing there but all appeared to be well rooted and didn't appear to have been disturbed for years. Thoroughly went over all the cracks on the nearby structure and couldn't find anything. There are a few trees there but by this time we were feeling like drowned rats and decided to call it a day.

I've since found out there is a geocache nearby, yet some distance from the trig, and the original contents make reference to 'diamonds'. The cache itself is described as being under a large stone so maybe this area is a more likely hiding place. I also wondered if there might be a cryptic entry in the log book that might be an extra clue.
Toxophilite
Isis Ramisis Copernisis 5%

Postby matt_p_dales » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 am

My car still dead :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sonicwarp Products Opened:Isis I,Ramisis-Isis II,Copernisis-Isis III, Tessarisis - Isis IV
Memberships: 5% ISIS club 1% Ramisis club 1% Copernisis club 1% Tessarisis club
Coins: Silver-2
Registered since: 21/09/2007
ISIS Free Search, UK SEP 09 :-D
matt_p_dales
Isis Ramisis Copernisis Tessarisis 5%

Postby Batkaz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:32 am

Hi all
I've not been on for some time, just reading some of the posts for this free search and it looks like this is the same place as another search :D
only two diamonds in a 3 wheeler - one called Del the other is near this trig point.
Would Puzz put the coin in the same location and hiding place? Photos of this on the story which started with finding a Mr White.
Happy hunting :D :D :D
Batkaz
Isis 5%

Postby kitkit » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:29 am

after spending the past couple hours clicking through a trig database, finally find the damn trig!!!! lol just now to talk bf into going there at some point... tho wont be this weekend - heading south for bday treat :D
odd that despite several visits by people, the coin still hasnt been found?
kitkit
Isis Ramisis 5%

Postby kitkit » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Am now here! But have searched most places including the reference to diamonds but still no luck and in need of help! Will tell... theres a memorial by rotatory club for 50 years - diamond ?? :( really dont want to have to come back
kitkit
Isis Ramisis 5%

Postby The Eye of Pete » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Anyone find this one yet?
See you at the next Pyramid...possibly.
The Eye of Pete
Isis 5%

Postby Driver » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 am

Looks like this one has had a good coat of looking at, even went and had a quick look myself. Quick being the key word here as the good old british weather put it down in bucketfulls.Could it be one of those where somebody finds the coin and doesn't know what they've got? Perhaps Puzz could have a quick look and see, you never know, it may just re-kindle some interest if people know it is still in place.
Patience is a virtue seldom found in man....
Driver
Isis 5%

Postby The Eye of Pete » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:10 pm

Well we went down on Saturday and had a look, searched the obvious nooks and crannies and structures round and about, absolutely nothing.

Considering how busy it seems to get up there, I have a suspicion this has in fact been muggled! Or found and claimed and we haven't been told :)

Ah well worth a shot
The Eye of Pete
Isis 5%

Postby Toxophilite » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:31 pm

I was up there within a day of the clue being released and thoroughly searched all of the nooks and crannies with no joy, so I'm pretty confident that it was not hidden on the structure itself, unless its on the upper part which would be pretty dangerous, and extremely unlikely.

I'm sure it's still there I think you need to look further afield, maybe near the toposcope. There is a geocache in that area.

Or possibly the tree.
Toxophilite

Postby The Eye of Pete » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Oh we got the Geocache! So not a completely wasted trip :P
The Eye of Pete
Isis 5%

Postby jazz » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Cum on :mrgreen:
Jazz Hahaha500 Club Member for life
Isis solved silver coin Isis of Eden open
Ramisis Fully Completed Gold Coin
Copernisis solved Extreme 6 of 50
Tessarisis first to solve it
I forgot A Very Hard KuKu opened
jazz

Postby kitkit » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:00 am

Hey I decided to check back today, and had another look at this one deciding that the photo clue was too easy to warrant having a word clue too. So decided to look into the sentence part a bit more and have maybe come across another possible site, but i think the boyfriend wants us to research it more before having to climb up the hill again (tho great for working off the xmas indulgence!) and possibly come up with several places to try instead of just the one. Fingers crosses it'll be it!! ..unless anyone else has found it, please post if so!!
kitkit
Isis Ramisis 5%

Postby Opifex » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Even though it's a bit behind everyone I've found the place that fits for once :) It's quite far for me though. Does anyone know if this has been found yet?
Opifex
Isis 5%

Postby Toxophilite » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Nobody has owned up to it on the forum and it isn't showing up as Found.
Toxophilite

PreviousNext

Return to The Copernisis Search